V11 of the Information Governance Toolkit
Version 11 Toolkits
One of the main developments is that the Health and Social Care Information Centre is the new home of the IG Toolkit[for England]. The Information Governance (IG) Toolkits affect a wide range of organisations with it's requirements. These include the need for a Senior Information Risk Owner in both Health and Social Care organisations, evaluation of a range of activities.
The requirement for mandatory training for users of personal information is once again featured in the IG Toolkit, however organisations are at liberty to use their own training solutions.
Some of the other developments are listed below.
LAs which work and interoperate with health bodies or want an N3 connection need to do the Social Care Delivery/Local Authority IGT VS 11
There is now also a definitive IGT for Public Health.
Serious Incidents Requiring Investigation [SIRI]
There is new guidance in relation to this, which states:
“From June 2013 all Organisations processing health and social care personal data are required to use the IG Toolkit Incident Reporting Tool to report level 2 IG Serious Incidents Requiring Investigation (SIRI) to the Department of Health, NHS England and Information Commissioner’s Office”
The methodology for identifying the gravity of an incident and whether to report it has changed and this is explained in the guidance - also see here
How we can help
We can provide a range of services to help you to implement the Toolkit effectively:
- A review of your current Toolkit scores and what you need to do to implement Version 11 successfully
- Managing a Data Breach
- Training Needs Analysis
- Help, guidance and advice in all areas, including audit
- Training for all staff groups in relation to Information Governance:
- SIRO and IAO
- Data protection, Privacy and Confidentiality
- Freedom of Information and Environmental Information Regulations
- Caldicott Guardians and Leads
- Privacy Impact Assessment, Data Flow Mapping and Information Sharing
- Records and Information Management
- plus a range of other areas
For further information please contact Katie Fairman or Louise Wilder
or telephone 01344 636388