Information Assurance and Information Security
- Every NHS trust has to complete the Information Governance Toolkit. This year, the Toolkit is imposing the necessity to achieve Level 2 for each requirement. This is, overall, a higher standard than previously.
- The IG Toolkit score is fed into the Care Quality Commission(CQC) Quality and Risk Profiles (QRP).This is along with other information about each Trust, carried out in order to create an understanding of risk, as a prompt for regulatory action. In order to carry out their regulatory function, many aspects of information governance are included in the risk assessments and in inspections, including records management and supporting workers, including in the IG Function. A “red” score in the IG Toolkit could potentially lead to conditions being applied to a Trust’s registration by the CQC.
- There is a financial and a clinical imperative to implement the SIRO/IAO Framework, a strategic objective for 2010/2011 and a very strong business case to do this robustly and meaningfully.
Information Governance is therefore a very important component of patient and service user care. Implementation of a robust framework, including the Senior Information Risk Owner/Information Asset Owner framework is essential in being able to achieve the industry standards.
We have provided an extensive range of consultancy projects.
- Data Protection Audits
- Records Management Audit
- Senior Information Risk Owner and IAO framework
- Data Flow Mapping
- Information Security Audit (ISO2701)
- Privacy Impact Assessment
- Implementation of Information Governance Toolkit for both public sector and private sector organisations
- Training Strategy and Implementation, including gap analysis
- Provision of interim Information Governance Professionals
- Board level coaching and assistance with strategic development of Information Governance
- Implementation of Information Security Management Systems (ISMS)
- Implementation of the Caldicott Function
- Freedom of Information: Review of provision and strategic development
- Internal review of complaints under Freedom of Information
- Data Flow Mapping projects
- ..............plus a range of other projects including records and information management
Our Unique Selling Points
- Our tremendous experience and track record in providing the NHS, independent health sector, government departments, local authorities with consultancy and training
- Our consultancy can be delivered using a variety of approaches and media, we offer a fully tailored approach
- Our consultants have backgrounds in both the private and public sectors
- Our consultants have legal qualifications, information governance qualifications, medical and clinical qualifications, and/or managerial qualifications. Not only are they highly qualified to work in this field, they have worked in the information governance area themselves. They recognise the challenges and unique difficulties.
- We are fully up-to-date with developments in the field and constantly update our services to reflect this.
- We sponsor the IG4U network, which is a unique free networking organisation for Information Governance Professionals
- We are pleased to provide full quotations free of charge. These include an initial explanatory meeting
For further information please contact Katie Fairman or Louise Wilder
or telephone 01344 636388